terça-feira, 28 de junho de 2011

I love tomatoes!

I planted a tomato plant in a vase that I keep next to my kitchen door. It grew and was full of beautiful green leaves. I had some flowers and it looked very good! After a while, some of the leaves and branches didn’t look as nice, but the flowers had become little green tomatoes!

A friend of mine came around a day and said I should cut a few of the little branches off, take out some of the excess leaves and leave only the productive branches. I followed his advice, and harvested a nice little bunch of tomatoes.

I was about to take the whole plant out and plant something else when I saw what looked like the beginning of little new flowers! I thought it wouldn’t do any harm to just leave the plant for a little longer to see what happened. I cut off a few more branches and pruned the extra leaves of others and after a few weeks I had a new little bunch of tomatoes!

“Well, now it has given enough”, I thought to myself again! But a few days ago I saw it had even more little flowers! So, again, I pruned some branches, cleared off the excess leaves and today I was surprised to see 3 or 4 more little green tomatoes growing!

What I learned: THE POWER AND NEED OF PRUNNING!

It reminded me of what Jesus said in John 15: Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.”

Nenhum comentário: