sábado, 27 de setembro de 2008

my walk continues...


September was a fairly calm month. At the end of last one we had the Rob Carman Conference and it was better than I had expected. I enjoyed the time with the team. Though I have met and talked with the Carmans quite a few times in different places, this was the time I was able to get to know them better and enjoy their company. The meetings were great and I have written you about that already!

After the Conference I spent more time at the school, teaching more than last semester. I enjoyed having more time to teach on Communion, Fasting and Giving. Specially the two first ones are subjects very important to me and the Word spoke first to me and then to the students. We had a wonderful time fasting together, and remembering Jesus in Communion. We need to do those things more often I realize, because they draw our attention back to what is really important, Him!

Apart from teaching and being with the students, I’ve organized our little school library, cataloguing all the books, worked a bit on the school notes and studied a lot. I’ve been in a reading mode that doesn’t come very often, so I have to make good use of the seasons when they come. When I’m like that I can read, read, read and just want to read more. Whereas normally it is hard for my brain and body to stop for a long time just reading. Usually I can only read if I’m doing something else at the same time (like watching some of the classes… then I can keep my brain entertained with listening to them and reading)! Kkk… I know I’m kind of weird!

I also started meeting once a week with the ladies at Nacoto. We’ve been talking about health and relationship with God. I hope to encourage them to go beyond “church going” into a meaningful relationship with God. I realize many of them are still very involved with traditional things, and that explains why so many times they are sick, sad, and poor. I’ve been challenged to think that people are result of the Word they hear. Our lives are a clear expression of the revelation we have of Jesus, so if our lives are not reflecting Jesus it is because we haven’t been seeing him, receiving the revelation of who His is.

I feel very weak in my own strength in changing anything, but I know that as I depend on Him, and obey the stirring of the Holy Spirit in me, He is the one who will change anything.

So I’m determined to depend on Him. For myself and for the others He put me in contact with.

Nenhum comentário: